Cuboid syndrome is actually a lesser-known syndrome. That is why awareness about cuboid syndrome is very limited. We would today go into the details of the cuboid syndrome in order to help you better understand the cause of the cuboid syndrome and also how you can treat it as well.
WHAT IS CUBOID SYNDROME?
Cuboid syndrome pertains to the cuboid bone and specifically to the joint as well as ligament injury pertaining to that particular bone. This means that the joint bone is out of the socket. When you are able to recognize the cuboid syndrome with the help of symptoms, you would be able to avoid any future injuries and detect cuboid syndrome in time to start the treatment.
CAUSES OF THIS SYNDROME:
we would all are some of the most probable causes of the cuboid syndrome.
Ligament injury causes this condition which results in improper movement of that particular part of the body.
REPEAT STRAIN ON A CERTAIN PART OF THE BODY:
If there is an excessive strain on a certain part of the body or on a certain bone joint, it can result in the cuboid syndrome.
CERTAIN PHYSICAL EXERTION:
If you start a workout suddenly, that is without any kind of warm-up, it can result in this condition.
These are some of the most probable causes of this syndrome.
RISKS WHICH CAN CAUSE THIS SYNDROME:
THERE ARE CERTAIN RISKS WHICH YOU NEED TO AVOID IN ORDER TO AVOID THIS CONDITION. THEY ARE:
- Being overweight
- Wearing improper shoes
- Not warming up before a workout
- Not taking breaks between continuous physical activity
- Walking or running for a very long period of time
- Walking or running on improper surfaces.
- Ballet injuries
In addition to these, osteoporosis, as well as other bone conditions, can also lead to the cuboid syndrome. These are the common risks which can easily cause the cuboid syndrome.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WATER FASTING? HERE IS A ARTICLE ABOUT IT
SYMPTOMS OF THIS SYNDROME:
When you are able to detect the cuboid syndrome in time, you would be able to start the treatment soon enough. Some of the symptoms include:
- Inflammation of the skin on the outer side of the bone joint
- Improper mobility of that particular part of the body
- Weakness in that particular part of the body
- Excessive swelling in that particular part of the body
As a result, detecting this syndrome is comparatively easier.
RECOVERY PROCEDURE FROM THIS SYNDROME:
Once you are able to treat the bone joint, the pain which is associated with the bone joint would also decrease. However, in order to start the treatment, you have to take the following steps.
- You need to consult a doctor as soon as possible. Most likely, the doctor would be advising you to consult a physical therapist.
- You have to provide the complete rest of that particular part of the body.
- You are required to change your workout routine in order to reduce the stress on that particular part of the body.
- You have to avoid any physical activity until there is a complete recovery.
So, in case you do not know anything about this condition, you have to look at the information about it and thereafter be on the lookout for the syndrome. In case, you are suffering from the syndrome, it is important to start the treatment as soon as possible. Delaying the treatment would aggravate the injury. You have to consult a medical practitioner as soon as possible. You have to follow all the guidelines which are being recommended by the medical practitioner or the physical therapist.